[PAID] Looking for a custom design on my Discourse Forum

What would you like done?

1. A brand new design for my Discourse Forum
    I hope this needs to be submitted in PSD
  2. And then this PSD needs to be converted into Discourse theme

So I think the job is for a:
Designer + a coder.
And if you are good at both, its even better.

When do you need it done?
in 2-3 weeks from now.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
$1000

(Joe Buhlig) #2

Can you provide more specifics on what the customizations would be? Maybe post a pic here? I’ve been doing this exact process more and more lately.

Hi Joe,

My plan is to get a PSD design created first. (if you can do that, then its great) (and if I’m not getting anyone from here, then plan is to get a nice PSD from 99designs.com - they are pretty quick (in 24 hours, I normally get like 40-50 PSDs from designers from all around the world and I get to choose which one I like best. Charge is somewhere like $350.)

Once the PSD is ready, I would need help from “someone who has worked with Discourse themes, designs, etc” - because, the guy should be knowing how to slice the PSD and integrate it onto the Discourse Forum. I know this isn’t a php forum like vbulletin or phpbb. So, the coder should be knowing what files to edit etc. From what I’ve read, I think most of the stuffs can be done using CSS. But then the guy should also be knowing how docker works and which files to edit in a docker environment (since my Discourse installation makes use of Docker).

Joe, I have gone through the stuffs you have done in the past, I’m guessing you should be able to help me with the coding stuffs at least. If so, please let me know how we can get started.

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

Or, you could skip paying someone for a picture of what might not even make sense in Discourse and just get what you want in the first place.

(Joe Buhlig) #5

To be honest, the PSD would simply be a super fancy mockup used to convey your idea. It would be nice but completely unnecessary. It would be just as good to see examples of the individual pieces you’re after.

Yeah, even I had that feeling. I have checked more posts/threads here and there, and I’m starting to think the PSD approach may not really work for Discourse. And I’m having a really hard time finding the right person to help me with the design stuff. By design, I mean changing the color scheme. I thought this is the best place to find the right person.

Now I’m starting to think that- I should be just looking to change the color scheme of the forum.

What I want to do is this:

• Change the color scheme
    I’m guessing this can be done using CSS.
    But then if it was a normal PHP site I could have done this myself or even hired someone to get me the CSS.
    But since the Discourse setup consists of docker - I’m not quite sure what file to edit.
    I’m pretty good with Linux and almost everything related to Linux, but still I’m finding it tough to edit/make modifications (since the installation is in a Docker instance)
    So, I’m looking for someone who knows CSS and also has done color-scheme modifications for Discourse Forums in the past (in Docker setup)

• Add header links

• Add footer links

So, this is what I’m looking for.

(Joe Buhlig) #7

For colors and CSS, take a look at Customize in your settings: /admin/customize/colors and /admin/customize/css_html.

You have a few options with header links:

For the footer:

I’d be willing to do all of these for you but want to point you in a direction to DIY it if you’d like. If you want me to step in and make it easy on you, shoot me a PM.

Thanks Joe. This is exactly what I wanted.
Like you said, let me first check if this is something that I’m able to crack myself. There is lots of reading to do. I will give this a try.

If I don’t succeed, I will be sending you a PM with all details.

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.