Here is where I have got to:
- Set up a new test instance of Discourse
- Created a category Cat1 and a subcategory Cat1a (let’s call them)
- Created a group Group1
- Set Cat1 permissions to “admins can create/reply/see”
- Set Cat1a permissions to “admins and Group1 can create/reply/see”
- Logged in as admin still, created a topic Topic1 inside Cat1a
- On the invites screen, invited a new user User2 by entering his email address (in fact, my email address with +cc before the @ sign) and selecting the Group1 group
- In a different browser, accepted that invitation
- Still as User2, went to my profile and changed my username and requested a password
- As User2, clicked the password link I received by email and set a password
- As User2, went to the homepage
- I was able to see Topic1 (though it had no mention of the category next to it)
- Clicking gives me a blank screen except for the header bar
- Hitting refresh gives me an entirely blank screen.
This seems like a bug to me. But is there something in the permissions I need to correct to make it work?