Paste images in composer not working in Safari?

(Tudor Vedeanu) #1

Is pasting images into the composer supposed to work in Safari? It doesn’t work on my Mac (Safari 8.0.3, OS X 10.10.2) and I was wondering if it’s a bug or not.

Uploading Image via Safari and Evernote
(Sam Saffron) #2

@zogstrip fixed a bug there yesterday is it still happening now? It’s supposed to work

(Dean Taylor) #3

Here is the bug for reference:

I can’t see a bug

(image was pasted from clipboard as a test)

Works for me on Windows 7 / Chrome 40.0.2214.93.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

I don’t have any Safari to test on. Here is a test from

(Régis Hanol) #5

Confirmed. Pasting images in composer is not working in Safari. Will fix.

(Régis Hanol) #6

Unfortunately, it seems like Safari doesn’t support pasting images. Tried on imgur.com, in gmail.com and on stackoverflow.com and none had a way to support it…

(Dean Taylor) #7

@zogstrip Did you test this on Windows or Mac?

Just thought I would mention that Google doesn’t support Safari on Windows as a browser for Google Docs.
And I can confirm that pasting in Safari on Windows 7 into Google Docs doesn’t work.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

Safari itself does not exist on Windows any more.

(Dean Taylor) #9

Apple updates fooling me again then… Apple update all the things! Even the ones we don’t support.

(Peter N Lewis) #10

As far as I am aware, Safari does not support pasting of images.

See for example: Browser support · blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload Wiki · GitHub

(Dean Taylor) #11

I think that content out of date as browsers other than Chrome do support paste.

IE 11.0.9600.17501 - paste doesn’t work in Discourse but does in GMail.
Firefox - 34.0.5 - Works
Firefox - 35.0.1 - Works

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Yeah we would like to get pasting of images working in IE11 (it does not work in IE10) but the percentage usage is so low.

(Burke) #13

Just discovered that images can’t be pasted into Discourse composer in Safari. A quick google got me to this topic, which doesn’t seem to be resolved.

Googling around, I see people complaining about trouble pasting images into pages with Safari, but then I stumbled onto this example. It looks pretty simple In the same Safari browser, I can’t ⌘v an image into Discourse composer, but I can ⌘v the image into the “ALLOW” div on the right side of the given example.

Any chance the code in that example could provide a hint that would allow Discourse composer to support ⌘v pasting of images in Safari? Maybe it’s just a matter of the version of jQuery being used?

Thanks.

-Burke

OS X 10.11.2 / Safari 9.0.2