Pending approval issues

(David Maxwell) #1

Version 1.4.0 beta 8

It looks like we’ve turned post approval on recently (i.e. last night/yesterday) and a post got flagged for approval. I questioned it in our category where we discuss subjects relating to discourse because I hadn’t seen it before. While doing that, a member (TL3 but I don’t know if that matters in this case) who does not have mod privileges posted that he can see the pending approval message, but when he clicked the link, it did nothing. I’m guessing it’s because he doesn’t have mod privs, but he shouldn’t see the message if he doesn’t have access, should he?

Along with that, the flag indicator doesn’t add up if there are flags AND pending approvals

Beta testing the iOS mobile app
(Jeff Atwood) #2

This is a spam prevention thing triggered by a new user and their first post.

@sam why would a TL3 user see this?

(Mittineague) #3

Hmmm. I’m seeing
meta name="generator" content="Discourse 1.4.0.beta3

Is this a Staging thing?

(cpradio) #4

Weird… as it does seem we’ve upgraded, as I was fairly certain queued posts were above 1.4.0-beta3, but maybe they aren’t…

(David Maxwell) #5

Funny thing is, it’s not his first post. It’s a reply to someone else in the thread he started.

Thread in question, if it helps: SEO for a six month WordPress blog - Marketing - The SitePoint Forums

Post is still pending approval at the moment.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

If you have enabled approvals in site settings, then it would affect new users for their first (n) posts.

Not sure, you guys need to dig through your site settings. Definitely no repro here so moving it to support.

(cpradio) #7

So quick question, should others see the “This topic has 1 post awaiting approval” message? And the link “view pending posts”?

On latest, logged in as a TL 0 account, no mod abilities, no admin abilities.

Repro steps:

1. Set the approve number of posts to 2
  2. Set the unless users is TL to 1
  3. Create a new Account, create a topic (it goes into pending – OK)
  4. Login as Admin and Approve the topic
  5. Login as the new Account and reply to your topic (it goes into pending – weird, but OK)
  6. Create another new Account, open the topic from Step 3, you see the approved topic post, and the pending message. (screenshot #1)
  7. Clicking the View Pending Posts takes you to an error page (screenshot #2)

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

(Jeff Atwood) #8

It is possible these are new regressions perhaps @sam can check later today.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #9

I haven’t seen this in my forum… @davemaxwell is this still an issue in yours?