Pin topic broken

Hi,

When trying to advance on the pin topic system calendar, it does not work properly.

Please fix?

(Sam Saffron) #2

screenshot, are you running latest?

(Sam Saffron) #4

You got to select a date of when it automatically unpins (I think this is by design no @codinghorror ? )

If you want to pin “forever” make it unpin in 2020

When I go to pick a date, it doesn’t proceed. The dialogue closes out… That’s what I am reporting. I can’t advance to further months either

(Sam Saffron) #6

(Sam Saffron) #7

(Sam Saffron) #8

Works fine here, have you updated to latest?

Have you tried on Chrome? Yes I am running the latest.

(Sam Saffron) #10

I am in chrome, just did that right now.

Whenever I select a date, the dialogue box closes out and the box remains empty… :frowning:

(Sam Saffron) #12

@zogstrip fixed some issues with

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/0a2f615aab78bac663db114c2f491ea1351f0ced

you 100% certain you on latest? try

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

The GIF below shows my issue.

(Sam Saffron) #14

Ok, since it is not happening here, can you try a different browser? can you check if you have any errors in /logs ?

Nothing being shown in the log… but this issue has never happened before. I am kind of worried considering all the other issues I came across after the recent upgrade of framework. Not yall’s fault tho

(Sam Saffron) #16

I 100% believe it is happening, can you give me admin on your forum I will see if it happens for me there message me details please

(Sam Saffron) #17

Can you confirm it is also broken on Firefox?

(Régis Hanol) #18

FTR: I tested against latest Chrome/FF/Safari and this feature works fine. @emanger, are you still having issues after updating to latest?

(Robin Ward) #19

We have to be able to break things sometimes when we upgrade. It’s a lot safer to follow our stable or beta branches if you need your discourse install to be very stable. The bleeding edge will break like this from time to time.

(Jeff Atwood) #20

As I already explained to @emanger he picked literally the worst possible time to pull latest. People who last pulled latest on Wednesday will be totally unaffected by this.

Ember upgrades, that is just the nature of the beast. These are by far the riskiest updates we do. Which is why we only do them once per release cycle…