Posts in topic miscounted (2 posts, "3 replies", 4 things in the pager)

(Jakob Borg) #1

“Latest” says:

(3 “replies”)

Actual topic looks like this:

That’s two posts (i.e., one reply), plus pinned/unpinned, although it says “3 replies” in here too so that’s sort of consistent. There’s no flagged/deleted/other funny business involved.

Also, the pager thingy says “4/4” so that’s a third take on the number of things on this topic… That goes with the “4” on top of my avatar in the summary section under the first post, maybe?

The first post has been edited - is the version counted as another reply, perhaps?

Latest 1.5beta8

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Any deleted replies? Any whispers? Do you have admin access there?

(Jakob Borg) #3

Yep, my account that took the screenshot is admin. There’s nothing happened in that thread other than me creating (and editing a few times) the first post; pinning it; following up; unpinning it; going back to “latest”, noticing the odd reply count.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Looks like something is wrong with that topic; what version of Discourse are you on? Oh wait I see that you are on latest. Not sure, have not seen that here.

(Jakob Borg) #5

Latest, 1.5.0beta8. Looking directly in the database (“select … from posts where topic_id = …”) I see four posts, that is the two real ones and the pinned/unpinned notifications.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Might be correct then. Status messages are replies to the topic. Let’s try on this one.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

(Jeff Atwood) #8

Notice how I can add content here.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

Yep that looks correct to me. So as designed then.

Remember replies is post count minus one. The first post is not a reply.

(Jakob Borg) #10

Yeah that’s all good. Slightly confusing though to have the actions counted as replies there though, to me at least. They don’t look like what I’d normally consider a “reply” :wink: