Private messages: Topic failed to load

(John Griogair Bell) #1

I am currently seeing a behaviour where private messages are inaccessable. I see that they exist, and I’m notified of them, and get the content via email; but I cannot access them from the link in the UI nor from the link provided in the email. In the attached screenshot, I am logged in as an admin, I see the wrench and seem to be able to do things to the message. However even though the green 1 appears, and links back to this, the message does not load.

(John Griogair Bell) #2

This appears to be true for all old private messages as well, including the system message to me about exporting the DB and so forth, so at this point, I don’t seem to be able to access any private messages.

(Sam Saffron) #3

Confirmed, grrrrrrrr

(John Griogair Bell) #4

However, I notice now that if I log in as a normal user I can read and reply to private messages. It appears that only my admin account is experiencing this bug.

(John Griogair Bell) #5

Looking further, I can also, as an admin, impersonate the other user in the message and view the message; but not when viewing as the actual admin login.

(Tuan Anh Tran) #6

I got this bug as well

(Sam Saffron) #7

Fixed,

FYI next time its always worth looking at /logs they had a very revealing error there.

@riking add to your list, if you are an admin and an error pops up it should have a link to /logs.

(Sam Saffron) #8