Problem about reply system

Hi,

When users reply to another user message, in the right top of the reply message, there is no avatar or username information of the responding user. Some users are having this problem, some users not. For the my admin account i don’t have problem about that. How i fix that?

(David Taylor) #2

Reply icons are only shown if the post you are responding to is not immediately above your post. You can control this using the suppress reply directly above site setting.

Personally I have disabled this on my forum, as my users had exactly the same confusion as you describe.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Not quite correct: this is only true if

1. there is a single (one, and only one) reply
  2. that reply is directly under the post it is replying to

(David Taylor) #4

What do you mean by that? Do both those points have to be true, or only one of them? (AND or OR)

Here is a post with two replies:

Only the second reply has the reply indicator. Based on that, it seems the “there is a single (one, and only one) reply” rule isn’t working…

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Looks correct to me, the second reply has the indicator. But I guess the net effect is the same, the first reply directly underneath won’t have the indicator, all subsequent replies will…

(Discussions get extremely metadata-noisy with this on by default, which is why it’s off by default.)