Problem with enabling discourse-plugin-poll-ui

(Paweł Gałwa) #1

Hey guys,
recently I set up my own discourse forum. I wish to have a poll button in my Composer toolbar. I found the plugin for it (GitHub - cpradio/discourse-plugin-poll-ui: Poll UI plugin for Discourse) but it looks incompatible with the current version of discourse.

When I opened the dev console I got error like below

I was trying to fix but after a few days of struggling, I don’t have an idea how to fix it.

Could anybody take look into it?

PS. I took a look into topic related to this plugin but it’s closed now :frowning: (Poll UI: Adding Polls through a UI in the Composer Window)

(cpradio) #2

You don’t need to enable it anymore. It is built into Core, hence the following text at the top of the README.

“THIS PLUGIN IS NOW PART OF CORE AND IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED”

When writing a topic/post, click on the cog wheel, and choose ‘Build Poll’

(Daniela) #3

Now you have this option without install plugins. This in particular has been included into core.

EDIT : ninja’s @cpradio :smiley:

Warning for new messages while writing to topic
(Paweł Gałwa) #4

@cpradio Thx for a fast answer but how to move poll btn to main toolbar in composer window?

(cpradio) #5

I’m not sure I understand your question, you simply have to click on the cog wheel and choose Build Poll.

I updated my prior post to reflect this.

(Paweł Gałwa) #6

@cpradio I wish to have poll btn in place where the arrow points

(cpradio) #7

You’d have to generate your own plugin to potentially do that, and I’m not sure at this moment how feasible that would be at this point in time.

(Paweł Gałwa) #8

Ok, will try :wink: Thanks a lot for help

(Robin Ward) #9