Profile Page wastes a lot of Space on Mobile view

(cpradio) #1

If you visit the profile page, you will see that there is a lot of wasted space.

Can’t we align the data below the avatar to the right of the avatar (think two column layout), so the avatar and the information are side by side? Why must I scroll past all data to get to the information I want to view?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #2

I would take it one step further and push all of that into a menu that can be expanded on demand.

(cpradio) #3

I’m good with that suggestion too. I don’t see the need to incorporate this data on a mobile view (especially the way it is presented now).

(lid) #4

The profile page for mobile user. Can use a complete overall.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

Did you mean to link to a specific post in that thread? I’m not seeing the relevance.

As for a complete overhaul, I doubt that’s gonna happen before 1.0 stable. Might as well get comfortable with it whilst thinking of improvements.

(lid) #6

@erlend_sh
I linked to the discussion with the idea that there is an ongoing plan for mobile improvements and the profile page is one of those areas that need one.

We should contribute ideas to that road map. For example your idea of toggled content

(cpradio) #7

90% of that topic was a year old…

(lid) #8

One year old, and yet there is so much more that can be done to make mobile experience better.

may be we should add a UX/Mobile category and revise ideas there

(cpradio) #9

That is why I made a very precise topic. This is one thing that can be fixed. If we make several precise issues it makes for better handling (closing each one as it is addressed) versus a single topic with 30 items in it.

(lid) #10

@cpradio I totally agrees with you on that one, my mistake was that I thought that the mobile roadmap is an active topic.
I have to admit I did not know it was from over a year ago.

@codinghorror @sam should we add a UX/mobile category tag for better tracking of mobile specific topics?

(cpradio) #11

And I’d love to see any suggestions you have for mobile as new topics too (to either up vote or provide my 2 cents on, create mockups, etc.). So feel free to express those ideas. I know I’m working on a few different ideas right now on various features that are in existence to either 1) improve them or 2) fix flaws they may have