Provide link to user preferences from user admin page

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Right now to get from the user admin page to the user preferences page, it’s two clicks away. Would streamline things a bit to provide a link to the preferences directly on the admin page.

(TechnoBear) #2

Seems to be relatted to this request, too:

(cpradio) #3

Out of curiosity how often do you need to do this and why do you want to go directly to the user’s preference page? What is it that you see on the admin profile page that makes you go “hmm… I wonder what their preferences are set to?”

(TechnoBear) #4

Usually, it’s because I’ve just suspended them for some reason, and want to go to their preferences to delete their profile text.

(Tobias Eigen) #5

I’m in the process right now of editing every single user’s preferences (about 50 people) to check and update their profile info and standardize their notification preferences.

I have now changed my workflow, but before I was doing it via the admin > users > recent list. From there it was cumbersome, requiring a click through to the admin page (since that’s where you are taken from there), then a click to the user profile, then to their preferences. Then finding my way back to the admin user list.

Now it’s search > click on username > preferences. Rinse, repeat. Better.