Pulling comments from private categories?

(Michael Downey) #1

I’m experimenting publishing blog posts to a private category until I can confirm things are working well. So far, I’m not having any luck in getting comments to come back to WordPress. (No problems publishing to Discourse.)

What’s the best way to troubleshoot why comments aren’t coming back? I don’t see anything in the Discourse /logs page. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I don’t think comments can come back from private categories. WP-Discourse does a public anon read to get the comments. That won’t work on a private category.

(Adam Capriola) #3

I submitted a pull request a while back to allow the functionality you want @downey, I think:

Update wp-discourse.php by adamcapriola · Pull Request #68 · discourse/wp-discourse · GitHub

The pull was denied, but you can make an edit to the file to add the API key and admin username to the request.

(Michael Downey) #4

Cool, thanks. This would be a nice feature for some users. For us, we were just using a private category for testing purposes, but I can imagine some scenarios where it would come in handy.