Pups error when boostrapping

Hey all,
I’m using the guide to setup discourse on digital-ocean.
The final bootstap command fails with the following error, I need some help to resolve.
Thanks!

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 859 exit 137>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"bundle_exec", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without developme
nt'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile'"]}
e44310657d4c95534eed00e22c92485a11ede4155acc7f16a351fce061e97d6e
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

That’s an old guide. Please follow the official guide at discourse/INSTALL-cloud.md at master · discourse/discourse · GitHub

You might be running out of memory. Note that the new install guide automatically sets up swap as a part of ./discourse-setup If it does not, please follow this guide to set-up some swap:

Then try to build again.

Hey @Falco, this worked beautifully - thank you! My bad for not going with the most up to date guide

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

Hey, @techAPJ can you get the folks a DO to edit their out of date guide and/or point to the new one?