@simon - I ended up doing some manual deletion, I was responding to a messy removal request (mixture of threads, optimized images and original images). So wanted to process it asap. I did not scrub out the originals for optimized urls and vice versa manually. It seems that those loose ends did end up being removed, just took ~2 days or more.
But I imagine that makes sense, if the job runs once every 24hrs i.e. if the posts are deleted soon after the last purge. They won’t be removed in the next purge, but the following one + processing time.
Though there is one weird case. The file itself has been removed (manually). When I use this query as described here here i.e.
u = Upload.find_by_sha1('c35ab963fb22f8612697923ebc98d341693cfa1d')
u.optimized_images.each do |oi|
I get a result like:
created_at: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 05:03:23 UTC +00:00,
updated_at: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 05:03:23 UTC +00:00,
Not sure what it is. But seems that the user has been deleted when I try find them using: Find users by ID - #2 by zogstrip
My best guess would be a Profile Header or User Background Card, from the dimensions.