Put in a vote for Discourse in Zapier apps

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #1

Continuing the discussion from Post From RSS Link:

Posting via RSS and many other fun things would be easy if a service like Zapier or IFTTT supported Discourse.

CLICK HERE to vote for Discourse to be supported by Zapier.

Update: Thanks to our webhooks we can do some interaction with Zapier already, but we’re still not a officially recognised application in their directory.

What is the most awesome plugin for Discourse, that does not yet exist?
Autobot - Automatic Content Creator
Zapier or another IFTTT service
Zapier or another IFTTT service
Anyone else want a Zapier integration?
(Kane York) #3

Should they restrict automatic posting to requiring an API key (implicitly, admin approval)?

Actually, things like this may be a good case for user-controlled API keys, or other solutions like Google’s application-specific passwords.

(Alessio Fattorini) #4

Just voted! Hope this helps

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #5

Well, it now says “Upcoming” under Discourse, so I guess that means they’re working on it! Keep the votes coming though, they can lead to higher priority and more integration hooks.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #6

Is this putting the pressure on Zapier or Discourse?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #7

Zapier. There’s next to nothing Discourse can do in this matter, except for improving its API documentation.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #8

Voted! Zapier helps me in my business every day.

Also voted few days ago. This would be a game changer!
Then I can finally send automatic forum invites to customers.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #10

@drreen that would be awesome … I didn’t even think of that… guess there’s nothing stopping us from doing that now, other than knowing the syntax.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #11

By the way, I just noticed that it’s also possible to vote on specific integrations. One of my most-wanted would be Discourse<->Slack:

https://zapier.com/zapbook/discourse/slack/

(Jeff Atwood) #12

I thought someone wrote one of those recently? Check our Twitter, I thought I tweeted about it.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #13

[quote=“codinghorror, post:12, topic:21858, full:true”]
I thought someone wrote one of those recently? Check our Twitter, I thought I tweeted about it.
[/quote]Only the Login plugin was tweeted about, but you did favorite this one by @bernd, which I did not know about!

(Bernd Ahlers) #14

I just created a post in the plugins category for my slack notification plugin.

(Caue Rego) #15

(0) be sad on realizing this have been over 1 year now, and at least 9 months “upcoming”. :frowning:

(1) get every 29 of those who voted for it there What is the most awesome plugin for Discourse, that does not yet exist? to vote for zapier (I’ve already done it).

(2) hope they’ll make a “download all your posts” trigger, for optimum backing up! :slight_smile:

Good golly I would LOVE Zapier integration – anyone with any news about this or thoughts on other things we can do to make this happen?

My main goal is to process woocommerce orders and add paying customers to a specific group in the forum. Let’s hope we gonna see that coming soon :slight_smile:

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #18

Status update: Still waiting on Zapier. Keep those votes coming.

(Jaya Kuipers) #19

Zapier would be awesome, why isn’t there an integration yet? We need more votes?

I have been using Zapier with discourse for quite a while but would be good to see some easy integration from it.

(Jon Hawkins) #21

+1 for Zapier Discourse actions, this would be great.