Question about Cakeday

(Dungeon Mistress) #1

We recently received the Cakeday plug-in.

Our site has close to 200,000 users and when clicking on “Anniversaries” in the hamburger menu, the site crashes or is hung-up for several minutes while trying to compile the “Upcoming” and “Anniversaries In the Month of _____” categories.

Also, what’s the difference between those two? Since our users have only recently been adding in their birthdays, I only see the current month in “Upcoming” which is the exact same thing as “Birthdays In the Month of _____”.

On a side note, today is one of our users birthday (the birthday was added in), but the cake is not showing by the user name. Is this something that’s wrong on our end?

Thanks for any help.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Hmm we should improve this @tgxworld

(Henrik Berg) #3

We faced the same issue a couple days ago with a user on our community. There was a light grey square beside the username, but the actual cake didn’t show up.

(Dungeon Mistress) #4

Not even getting that.

(Adrien) #5

Henrik don’t forget this isn’t only for @FlyFi.

Here are some pictures of the problem we have in the Infinite Flight community. Check it out yourself:

I got this issue on all my devices (MacBook Pro, iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 5S) and all browsers.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #6

This happens when the emoji is not properly configured in the plugin settings.

(Adrien) #7

@henrikbg could you talk with Philippe about this?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #8

Yeah, we talked about this a bit in the plugin topic. The last part already has infinite scrolling, so the limit a bigger than it was on the start, but on bigger communities (100k+) even one month is a lot.

Cakeday: Completing a full year of membership in the forum today
Birthday: Completing a full year of membership in the world today.

Did you think that the problem could be resolved before my birthday ?

(Henrik Berg) #10

We have emoji disabled so that makes sense. :slight_smile:

(Adrien) #11

Alright, I understand better now. Will you activate them in a near future or did you deactivate them because if emoji spam?

(Dungeon Mistress) #12

[quote=“Falco, post:8, topic:50277”]

That’s not exactly what I meant. I understand the difference between the Anniversaries and the Birthdays.

But in those two screens there are “Upcoming” and “…In the Month of ____” - what’s the difference between those two?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #13

in the next 7 days.

All of the select Month

(Dungeon Mistress) #14

But, as you can see, I get all the upcoming birthdays for the month of September in both the “Upcoming” and “In the Month Of” - that last birthday is more than a week out.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #15

Okay, to me the only bug is that Sweet_Babette birthday shouldn’t display in the Upcoming Section, the rest is ok.

(Dungeon Mistress) #16

And that’s exactly what’s causing the problem I described in the first post.

The Anniversary page is so massive by the time it loads all the users into both the “Upcoming” and “In the Month of” that it either crashes or takes several minutes to load (thereby locking up all my other windows).

Is this something one of the Administrators can fix in the plug-in?

Hello!

I come from the Hopscotch forums to report a bug about the new Cakeday plug-in. I have been able to successfully reproduce this bug multiple times on the Hopscotch forums and as well as over here.

It happens when a user enters February 31/30 as their birthday. Not really sure why, but somehow it makes the birthdays page get an error. Upon changing their birthday to another date the birthdays page goes back to normal.

I propose a fix for this. Correct if I am wrong, but this should be able to be quite easily done. When you click on Save Changes button and the birthday is set to February 31 or 30 it should give an error pop-up. This should also be done for days such as May 31 which does not actually exist. I would also like to point out that such days do not crash the system.

Thanks for reading this and I am looking forward to your replies.

(Alan Tan) #18

Nope :sadpanda: , I’ll have it fixed this week. In the mean time, you can disable the plugin first in the admin settings page.

(Alan Tan) #19

Fixed in

(Alan Tan) #20

Fixed in