Rails/Devise and SSO Question

(Luke Wright) #1

I’m a pretty new rails developer, and I’m trying to implement an SSO system between a rails app using devise for the user authentication and a discourse app.

I’ve found this documentation and while helpful, it’s unclear to me how I’d make this work in practice between the rails side and the discourse side. I’ve extended Devise’s SessionController to include the SSO method and added a route, but beyond that I really don’t know where to go.

I’ve asked in the IRC channel, and there’s this SO question from someone else that never got an answer.

This is pretty critical for a site we’re hoping to launch next week and any kind of help would be much appreciated! I’d be happy to write up a blog post or post a detailed explanation here of how it worked after I get it working.

(Luke Wright) #2

Is there anyone who can help me with this? We’re trying to launch next week and I’ve been unable to find a rails dev who’s successfully implemented SSO with discourse.

(Skud) #3

I don’t have an answer but I’d also like to know about this.

(Kane York) #4

You just need to create an endpoint in your application conforming to the SSO protocol: Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso)

Then put that URL in the discourse admin settings.

(Luke Wright) #5

So my question is how to actually create that endpoint with devise. I’m aware of how to set up discourse to do it, but I’ve never seen a working example of what the application, running devise, needs to do. Any help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks, riking :slight_smile: