Random notifications from the past

I can’t remember exactly when it started, but I’d say around the time automatic bumps were implemented not too long ago. I started receiving notifications from random posts in random topics that were not active anymore. By random posts I mean read posts in the middle of the topic, not necessarily the latest. By random topics I mean open topics without recent posts.

This is more an annoyance than a grave bug, but I suppose it’s confusing for people who receive notifications from old posts they probably forgot about already.

Also I have no clue how to investigate it, whether it comes from plugin interactions, or if you have reproduced it. So I’m telling you and let’s see what happens.

Give us repro steps here or on try.discourse.org

Problem is: I receive notifications, I don’t know how to reproduce it, and I did not watch logs (yet). When I have another notification popping up I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime, if other people bump into this…

Note that it might be related to ./launcher rebuild – not sure but I’ll watch out for such notifications next time I rebuild.