Re-Install Discourse on Digital Ocean with SSL Certificate

What would you like done?
I’ve had trouble installing SSL Certificate purchased through NameCheap. It’s messed up the installation, and I’m not able to revert back. The forum is still functioning, but I’m not able to run updates.

I’d like to re-install discourse on the server (Digital Ocean), with the SSL certificate as well. It might be easier to do a completely fresh install.

When do you need it done?
No deadline, but the sooner the better

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
It really depends on the time required for this. Based on my experience, it shouldn’t take any more than a couple of hours. With that in mind, I have set a 150 USD budget for this.

I will be able to do this for you at $150.
I’m going to send you a PM with my email address. (as per the new rules/guidelines)

Also - you may update this thread accordingly if you hire me.

meta admins - Please correct me if I’m doing anything wrong here or if you think I’m not following the rules/guidelines. Since these are new rules, I’m just getting used to it.

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

Unless you have some very good reason, I’d recommend doing it with a Let’s Encrypt certificate that will automatically renew rather than one that one that you’ll have to continually pay for and re-install. I’ll do that for $150: Discourse Upgrade — Literate Computing (you can place an order on that page or email the address on my profile page here–there are instructions there to give me access to your server).

If you want to use the NameCheap cert, I’d charge $250 (you could pay on this page: Rebuild Your Droplet — Literate Computing though it doesn’t precisely describe what you are looking for, so please email me any additional details. This is less than @nixie is asking, so I’d probably recommend going with them. :slight_smile:

Update on this topic:

I was able to contract out the work to @pfaffman, and achieved what was required, i.e. correct installation of Discourse with SSL certificate through Let’s Encrypt.

Everything runs perfectly now and I’m happy with the results.

(Felix Freiberger) #5