`Read Faq` badges not getting assigned, `First Quote` suspect

(PJH) #1

Updated to d9768a6 - the latest Docker can see
Ran Jobs::BadgeGrant in Sidekiq.

Read Faq: 0 (by the way, shouldn’t that be FAQ, not Faq?)
First Quote: 42.

I’m fairly certain those numbers should be larger than they are.

Went to our guidelines link from the hamburger menu (which redirects to TDWTF Forum FAQ - What the Daily WTF?), went to http://what.thedailywtf.com/faq (which redirects to TDWTF Forum FAQ - What the Daily WTF?)

Re-ran Jobs::BadgeGrant, and Read Faq is still 0.

(Michael Downey) #2

We have this on the Read Faq badge as well, and also for the First Link, and First Quote which should definitely be more than 0.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

First Quote is not backfilled, I don’t think. But @sam would have to clarify.

(PJH) #4

Main bug being reported here is the FAQ count.

To paraphrase something said else-forum by someone else, stop polluting the report with other stu… SQUIRREL!

(Sam Saffron) #5

You have a custom FAQ url, very complicated, the simplest thing to do here is just to disable this badge on TDWTF and make a custom one for it. Will have disable in next week.

First Quote is backfilled, but the backfill is imperfect, I had to use some complex SQL shenanigans.

(Sam Saffron) #6

FAQ is NOT backfilled, there is no way to backfill it, we did not track it in the past.

Badge grants now only run every 24 hours, they will be way more live next week. You can force run a badge grant from /sidekiq/scheduler

(Sam Saffron) #8

Two fixes

I fixed the first quote badge that was indeed broken.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/2d0def9940d77d8f3b50a71a7760a555fd2ad3e3

You now have a way to disable irrelevant badges (like the faq one that depends on users magically discovering /guidelines on TDWTF) You can later roll out a specific one for your Faq.

@PJH will be closing this in 24 hours

(Sam Saffron) #9

I think @codinghorror wants it renamed to Read Guidelines

(Sam Saffron) #10

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.