Rebuild error - color_schemes.versioned_id does not exist

I was trying to setup letsencrypt for my discourse install, and launcher rebuild app fails with the error:

2017-05-09 18:12:54 UTC [3532-1] discourse@discourse ERROR:  column color_schemes.versioned_id does not exist at character 54
2017-05-09 18:12:54 UTC [3532-2] discourse@discourse STATEMENT:  SELECT  "color_schemes".* FROM "color_schemes" WHERE "color_schemes"."versioned_id" IS NULL AND "color_schemes"."enabled" = 't' LIMIT 1
rake aborted!

My discourse install is now down:

Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 3518 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"bundle_exec", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile'"]}
31813b80be2800059c2d90f22c42584beb0e2b735e612f028da57db8dc44010e

I’ve searched the output of launcher rebuild app and from what I can tell, that postgres error is the only one, how could I go about fixing this?

Note: in /var/discourse, a git pull shows Already up-to-date.

(Sam Saffron) #2

Have you tried to downgrade beta to stable?

Thanks for your quick response, hm. I can look into it but am a bit concerned due to your warnings in this thread:

As I’m unable to connect to the admin, is there a way to check the version to see if this is even possible?

Also, oddly enough, my app.yml file shows version: stable

(Sam Saffron) #4

Sounds to me like you changed it recently, my recommendation is to change it to beta and rebuild.

That did the trick, sam! Thanks for your help.

In any case, out of curiosity, is there a way to check the discourse version from the commandline?

(Sam Saffron) #6

enter container and run git log on discourse… something like that.