Rebuild failed, look for help

AI-generated summary

Here is a summary of the posts on rebuilding a failed container:

Alienazk ran into an issue where their Discourse container failed to rebuild after 6 months, giving an error code 137 during assets:precompile:build. JammyDodger identified that error 137 means ‘out of memory’ and suggested increasing RAM or adding more swap space. Alienazk acknowledged the suggestion to try adding more swap.

The key points are:

  • Container rebuild failed with error 137 on assets:precompile:build
  • Error 137 indicates out of memory issue
  • Potential solutions are increasing RAM or adding swap space

I haven’t rebuilt my container for over 6 months. Recently, it became slower and slower, and one day my site stopped. When I tried to rebuild my app, it failed.


FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile:build' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 3617 exit 137>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "tag"=>"build", "hook"=>"assets_precompile_build", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile:build'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 137
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
88068c68cd1e2147b125e8cf3b3cbce68efeb8a108be3b03541372bc4a87f8f0

Could anyone give a hand to me?
Thanks :smiling_face_with_tear:

Error 137 is ‘out of memory’. There are a few topics where people have encountered similar issues. I believe you need to up your RAM or add more swap.

Thanks! I’ll try to add more swap.