Rebuild fails with missing miniportile when rebuilding with `IMPORT=1 bundle install`

This is a slightly non-standard install and I haven’t tested it on a vanilla one yet, but this looks like there might be a bug well, I’m rebuilding another site that’s not failing…could it be that there are NO plugins?

I, [2021-06-28T13:56:20.754459 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake plugin:pull_compatible_all'
bundler: failed to load command: rake (/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/bin/rake)       
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:95:in `block in materialize': Could not find mini_portile2-2.5.3 in any of the sources (Bundler::GemNotFound)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:90:in `map!'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:90:in `materialize' 
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/definition.rb:183:in `specs'                    
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/definition.rb:252:in `specs_for'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/definition.rb:234:in `requested_specs'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:91:in `block in definition_method'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:20:in `setup'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler.rb:149:in `setup'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.2.19/lib/bundler/setup.rb:20:in `block in <top (required)>'
1 Like

What is the plugin list?

1 Like

Yup. No plugins. I just added one to see if that would fix it. Not sure if it’s something weird with my template that’s writing the yml file or if it’s the case that you can’t have zero plugins.

Now I have this:

## Plugins go here
## see https://meta.discourse.org/t/19157 for details
hooks:
  after_code:
    - exec:
        cd: $home/plugins
        cmd:
  # no advanced plugins
  # custom plugins
          - git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-tooltips.git

and it’s still failing.

1 Like

So do you want to share how exactly it is a

or should we keep guessing?

2 Likes

Well, sorry about that; the problem is this template:

# This template adds the 'mysql2' gem for import scripts depending on it

params:
  home: /var/www/discourse

hooks:
  after_bundle_exec:
    - exec:
        cd: $home
        cmd:
          - apt-get update && DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y libmariadb-dev freetds-dev sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev less
          - su discourse -c 'bundle config unset deployment'
          - su discourse -c 'IMPORT=1 bundle install --no-deployment --path vendor/bundle --jobs 4 --without test development'
1 Like

Sorry folks. . . . Something changed that it keeping my import template from doing a IMPORT=1 bundle install from running. It worked the last time I built an import container.

I guess one of these things is to blame:

1 Like