Remove Default Text from Site

(MorphZan) #1

Hi Guys

Have just gotten my first discourse site live and I am trying to customize now.

Can you anyone point me in the right direction to remove this text from the site?

Thanks in Advance

(Régis Hanol) #2

The best way is to create some content. We recommend at least 5 topics and 30 posts :wink:

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

I’m pretty sure that only staff sees that message.

(MorphZan) #4

Got It LOLOLOL

:laughing:

(Michael - DiscourseHosting.com) #5

Maybe it’s a good idea to end this message with “(this message is not visible to your users, only to you and other staff members)”

(Jeff Atwood) #6

I think staff should be smart enough to figure that out, also, if they are afraid it will be shown to regular users all the better — more pressure to generate content, which they will absolutely fail with if they do not!

(Jay Pfaffman) #7

Well, I’m not entirely sure that I agree, but to support this perspective, I think that I learned from @HAWK that really good community managers regularly sign in as new users to see what things look like as normal users.

(Mittineague) #8

To me, it is clear that the “your site” is addressing the forum owner and not a forum member. (i.e. it isn’t “this site”) I see little reason or need to change the text, but perhaps it could be improved somehow? In any case, I agree that what should be the priority is getting out of bootstrap mode. The settings can be tweaked, but the point is that the forum needs to start with enough to be a forum and not an empty void.