Remove mention of Facebook / Twitter logins in welcome email

(J Steiner) #1

Is there a way to remove mentions of Facebook and Twitter logins in the welcome email? I do not offer either of these login methods on my forum, but when I invite a new user here is part of the message they get:

To log in again, either:

1. Use Facebook, Google, Twitter, or many other supported credentials – but that credential must resolve to the same email address that you received your original invitation email at. Otherwise we won’t be able to tell it is you!
  2. Create a unique password for (forum name) on your user profile, then log in with that.

I do not use either Facebook or Twitter; the folks I’m reaching out to as a user base do not either. I think that if I’m not offering FB or Twitter logins then they should not be told that that’s an option.

I tried editing the locales files manually within Docker, but of course that created conflicts when I did a pull to update to latest version. Can anyone help? I’m running a Docker install on Ubuntu Server 12.04, per official instructions.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Good point, I generalized this to

Log in however you like – but that login must resolve to the same email address that you received your original invitation email at. Otherwise we won’t be able to tell it is you!

Since some sites may use SSO or not use Twitter or Facebook… good suggestion.

Hi - is there any reason why the first paragraph cannot be customized? I have enabled Google sign on (only) and would like to explain “resolve to the same email address” in language that will make a bit more sense to my (very) non-technical audience.

Thanks!