This topic has been silent for quite a while. I was curious: has anyone tested this experimental feature? Now that over two years have passed, I’d love to know if this is still considered an experiment or if anyone can confirm that it fixes the issue?
Similar to what @RGJ had done back in Nov '21, I found a large public forum (Python) that uses Discourse and I did a Google search for a topic in their forum with many replies to see if it would show a bunch of individual replies from the same topic.
To my delight, Google did NOT show me a large list of individual replies in the results! The only results were the topic itself and then the category it lives inside! This is a GREAT sign!
Although, when I do the same search that @RGJ did back in Nov '21, the problem still exists with that specific search.
I also ran a new test search with another topic on this Discourse community forum, and found a similar problem, with multiple results that were coming from the same topic.
It’s great to see this problem doesn’t always exist with all Discourse forums… but I don’t understand why the problem would be resolved with the Python forum while it still exists in the Discourse forum.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this problem go away?
I’m considering migrating an existing forum from NodeBB to Discourse, but before I do, I need to know there’s a way to resolve so it doesn’t create an SEO nightmare for our domain.