Renaming a server

docker

(Jay Pfaffman) #1

I started my Discourse under one hostname (using Docker on digitalocean.com). I decided that I want it to live on another hostname. I made the necessary changes to app.yml and all seemed pretty good. I found, though, that (at least) some images are no longer accessible because in the database the image host is hard-coded.

No problem, I thought, just download the backup, do a global replace, and then upload and restore the database. I thought I was so clever.

Sadly, it doesn’t seem to have taken. The page still has the images linked to the old hostname (which, if not for mismatched ssl certs, would work just fine).

What am I missing. Is something cached? Did it not restore?

(Erick Guan) #2

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

Thanks. (Sigh: RTFM) I swear I did a search for this and didn’t find it. Making matters worse, as I read this I remembered that I had read it before.

I think that my method didn’t work because I named the zip file that I uploaded something different and it just ignored it.

(Erick Guan) #4

It’s fine and nothing to do with the problem.

Have you followed the guide? How is your procedure?

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

Indeed. After I RTFMed and followed the rake instructions everything is fine (once I figure out DKIM, but that’s beyond the scope of this world).

Thanks.