Reply to email isn't working on my site

(Daniel Hollands) #1

Continuing the discussion from Set up reply via email support:

Hi, I’ve followed the instructions in the post above (setting up the gmail account, copying the settings into the admin, and had someone reply to an email from the site to test it - but it’s not worked.

Logging into the gmail account (which is a Google Apps account), I can see the message they’ve sent, and it’s marked as unread, and has been for the past 20 minutes or so. I’m not sure if the site is failing to log into the gmail account, or if something else is going wrong, I just know it isn’t working.

The only difference between the instructions and what I did was that in the account I created, POP was not enabled by default, but that was easily fixed.

My settings are below:

Any ideas?

(Daniel Hollands) #2

Actually - never-mind… It turns out the test reply was too short, and a reply email explaining this was sent to the sender… Another, longer, email was used to test it, and we appear to working as intended.

So, please disregard. :smiley:

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Great! The error message email replies @riking built seem to be working! (But the email error reply did not specifically say message too short, did it?)

(Daniel Hollands) #4

The message received can be seen here:

(Kane York) #5

Sounds like it’s working great!

Hmm, I should test posting by a suspended user. I know they’re supposed to be allowed to get PM emails, and… maybe reply?