Reports on user activity

(Chris D) #1

It would be awesome if there was a way to run reports on user activity (topics posted, topics read, likes, etc.) and be able to export report to pdf or excel format. Has anyone had similar need and found a good solution?

Running Reports on User Activities for Specific Time Periods
(Robin Ward) #2

Funny you’d ask right now, because I’ve been working on a user directory feature, which can be sorted by time period and columns. It’s in master right now at /users.

It doesn’t have a PDF or Excel export though.

(Alessio Fattorini) #3

Sounds good! When can we see it on try? Or here in beta?

(Robin Ward) #4

It’s already on try: Demo and available on meta here.

(Alessio Fattorini) #5

Impressive! I like it very much! Stats are impressive as well :wink:
For which version is planned?

(Régis Hanol) #6

Next one obviously :wink:

(Jeff Atwood) #7

You can already export the users table, which contains this data, at Admin, Users – click the export button. That will create a CSV file in a PM to you.

(Chris D) #8

This looks awesome, just what I need. Looking forward to it being in the next release!

(Bart) #9

I need to report on activities of a small group of users in our community. I’ve looked at the /users report but it doesn’t quite fit my needs yet. I suspect there may be a JSON feed that could help me though. Here are my needs:

• Given a start and end date, report:
  • The number of new topics this user created
  • The number of replies this user posted

If I can pull the data somehow, I can take care of reporting myself. Is this available?

(Régis Hanol) #10

That’s a task for the data-explorer plugin :wink:

Running Reports on User Activities for Specific Time Periods
(Bart) #11

Awesome, I’ll look in to that. Thanks!

Is there a way to see these stats in /users filtered for just a specific group of users?