Right gutter watermark seems to interfere with "reply as new topic" link

(Michael Jonker) #1

The ‘Reply as new Topic’ button only becomes active about 2/3rds along it’s length on Firefox 25.0.1 - Ubuntu

Works fine on Chrome

(Jacob) #2

This is working fine for me on FF 25.0.1 Do you have any add-ons that could be interfering with it?

(Jeff Atwood) #3

I’ve seen problems like this before, with the gutter watermark interfering in odd ways with the reply as new topic link.

(Michael Jonker) #4

I tested turning all plug-ins off, but no difference. Firebug is showing the a tag correctly:

and the inteference does seem to coincide with the background image, as @codinghorror has pointed out.

I was not able to locate the container for the background image in Firebug.

I tested this on Firefox 25.0.0 - Ubuntu as well, where the problem was not evident.

This may well be just some subtle bug on Ubuntu. Very strange.

(Tedy Pranolo) #5

I’m having the same problem. In Chrome, Firefox , and Internet Explorer on Windows 8.
Here’s the video showing the behavior in Chrome, but it’s basically identical in all browsers

(Sam Saffron) #6

How wide is your screen? @awesomerobot can have a look

Does this happen on all topics?

(Kris) #7

Seems like a z-index thing - not sure why Windows browsers would do it and OSX wouldn’t… but an easy fix.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/1917

(Tedy Pranolo) #8

My screen is 1920x1080. Yes, all topics where that watermark show up. In my forum it’s within an admin-only category.

(Sam Saffron) #9

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.