Rotating the author of New User Guidance PMs between moderators

The personalized PM new users get is very valuable. I want to structure the new user PM as a personal message about who we are and what we do that has a human touch (not to try to pass it off as non-automated but to give it more personality). However, PMs written with that tone can generate a lot of replies.

I propose a feature where the author of these new user posts is rotated between Moderators. This would require a checkbox option to Rotate New User Guidance PM between Moderators as well as a new variable %{author_name} that could be included in the template.

With this setup, I can effectively spread the workload of great NUX and the response it receives with the other members of my team.

2 Likes

Really like the idea, but definitely sounds like plugin material to me. Do you really imagine most forums being in dire need of this? :wink:

I’d imagine it as the same site setting but instead of a text field, it’d be a multi selector like the post action buttons or banned word list. Discourse would then just choose randomly between the values each time.

1 Like