RSS error when trying to read forum

Very new to Discourse and trying to use the RSS (publish side, not consume side) functionality built into it. I’m able to see the RSS page come up in a browser, but feed readers can’t read it. I get this error: Server returned [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
You can see a picture of the error HERE
I’ve been able to connect/read to other discourse forums without issue. How can this error be fixed?

(Robin Ward) #2

That is an SSL error, unrelated to Discourse.

I checked the SSL for that site and it seems OK, but that feed reader seems to reject the SSL for some reason. If you access the feed directly it certainly works.

Thank you. We’ll verify our SSL setup.

(Gerhard Schlager) #4

The SSL setup is fine. The problem is that you are using Cloudfront which uses SNI. Unfortunately the feed validator doesn’t support this.

Wow! Excellent ! Thank you. Like I said, very new to this. I appreciate your help.

(Darwin) #6

You can let the author of feedvalidator know you are affected on this github issue: Run FeedValidator with Python >= 2.7.9 to support SNI with TLS connections · Issue #29 · rubys/feedvalidator · GitHub

AFAIK all AWS CloudFront hosted feeds are affected.