Russian Translation

(Woody Gilk) #1

One of my users reported a bug in the Russian translation.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

OK, log in to Transifex and suggest a fix:

(Woody Gilk) #3

Where do I find those strings? I’ve not used transifex before, and I was unable to find any reference to “dates” or “many”.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Perhaps @techAPJ can help you find those strings in the Transifex web UI?

(Arpit Jalan) #5

You will find strings here: Log in · Transifex

That’s because dates and many terms are used for referencing and not for translation itself, you will need to search the exact string which is shown to user, let me explain this in detail:

Let’s say you want to translate “dates.tiny.x_days.other” from %{count}d in English to %{count}д in Russian, the first thing you need to do is, find %{count}d on Transifex translation file. You will enter the string in Transifex search:

This is how you will be able to find strings.

To contribute to Russian translations, you will need to be a member of Russian translation team, you can request for membership by clicking Join Team button:

Regarding the term many you are trying to translate, I think it is not present in Russian locale file, the only terms I see are one, few and other. @neil can you confirm this for me.

Do let me know, in case you need help with anything else.

(Woody Gilk) #6

Thanks for the very complete info! I’ve passed it along to the user that submitted the report, as I don’t speak Russian. :wink:

(Dmitry) #7

@shadowhand Let me know if you get into a trouble with translation. I will try to help you. Actually, there are a lot of untranslated strings for russian language. I’ve did 20% of translation of russian locale 3 months ago, so it was 95% done, now it’s again on ~80% or even less.

(Egor Lyfar) #8

Hello Guys, I can help you as well, but the question which I have now, after the installation itself, how I translate it on my server? where should I connect? Tnx for reply

(Jeff Atwood) #9

See Translating Discourse with Transifex

(Arpit Jalan) #10

I moved 10 posts to a new topic: Error while pulling translations from Transifex

(Anton) #11

Same issue on our russian forum.
It has recently been updated to 0.9.9.11, and still contains “[ru.dates.tiny.x_days.many]” although it has already been translated in transifex

(Jeff Atwood) #12

Anything we can do here @techapj?

(Arpit Jalan) #13

This is a known issue for Russian language. @neil posted about it here.

(Anton) #14

Who’s reviewing and accepting Russian translations?

(Jeff Atwood) #15

Check the team on Transifex.

(Alexander Logger) #16

I saw many reviewed strings with errors. Can I get permissions to correct these strings? My username: intagger.

(Régis Hanol) #17

Sent you an invite to be reviewer of the Russian locale. Thanks :thumbsup:

(Evgeny) #18

Could be wrong section, but there are some difficulties
The fact is that some text is not translated through the admin interface.

This part of the code:

I can’t find her here.:

https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/translate/#ru/clientenyml?q=Remove as Owner

For example:

And while typing this post, can’t add the link. That’s what happens.
[Remove as Owner](https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/translate/#ru/clientenyml?q=Remove as Owner)

Insignificant, a single case.