Screened IPs Sort should also sort by Last Matched (or Created)

(cpradio) #1

Right now Screened IPs sort by Matches DESC, which is “ok”, but if the IP you just recently banned does not have a lot of matches, you can’t find it in the list.

Can we have this sort by “match_count desc, created_at desc”? So we have a better chance of seeing recently banned IPs in the list and are still putting preference to match_count?

As right now on our instance, all of the created dates are from Sept 2014 (with a few Oct, Nov, and Dec 2014 sprinkled in). That isn’t very helpful.

And the export button doesn’t seem to work on our instance, so we can’t use that :frowning:

(Kane York) #2

that’s because you’re a moderator account :confused:

unrelated: can we map :confused: to ;confused;

(Mittineague) #3

Isn’t that precisely why we should be able to get a CSV export?

I can’t find it now, but in a previous discussion here IIRC the ability was going to be extended to include Mods and not only Admins.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

It was my understanding that this was a bug, @techapj? If the moderators can see it, they should be able to export it…

(cpradio) #5

Just to confirm: He did say that is how it was implemented (and the code seems to indicate that as well). So if it is a bug, there is something else other than his code playing into this.

(Arpit Jalan) #6

I just exported the Screened IPs list here on meta (as Moderator), and it works fine for me.

@Mittineague: @cpradio previously reported the similar issue regarding “Staff action logs” export:

Maybe it’s the same issue, specific to Sitepoint’s staging site?

(cpradio) #7

I’m sure it is. I just don’t know where to look to help give anyone hints. The button literally doesn’t behave link my Development environment. No modal confirmation window is given, so it errors before that view/template is rendered…

(Mittineague) #8

On staging I believe the problem is the lack of sidekiq.

I can’t say why it doesn’t work on the production site.

(Jeff Atwood) #9

It has to be a customization or plugin error, then, doesn’t it?

(cpradio) #10

No idea. It is possible but I can’t prove or disprove that.