Scroll to top on new topic load

(J Phani Mahesh) #1

###Steps to repro

• Open a long thread.
  • Scroll to the bottom. Optionally, read it.
  • Grab your reward. Click a suggested topic at the bottom.

###What I notice

• In a good number of occasions, I end up at the last post in the topic i navigated to, when it is my first time entering the topic.
  • Does not happen always, and happened so far only with new, unread posts and only while navigating from the suggested topics section. Can take patience and luck to reproduce at times.

###Expected behaviour

• Scroll to the top on entry into new topic.

(Brentley Jones) #2

I’ve noticed this as well. In addition, I’ve had the opposite, not scrolling to the bottom when I’ve already read it:
http://meta.discourse.org/t/entering-a-previously-read-topic-doesnt-always-place-me-at-my-last-unread-post/8386

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Which web browser and platform? Any repro steps? Can you reproduce it on try.discourse.org at all?

(J Phani Mahesh) #4

I can repro on meta.

I am using Firefox 23, on Ubuntu Saucy Salamander (Development version). But I have encountered this bug also on Firefox 22 (Current stable release) on Ubuntu 13.04, and on Chromium Version 25.0.1364.160 Built on Ubuntu 13.04, running on Ubuntu 13.10 (25.0.1364.160-0ubuntu3)

I haven’t found a sure way of repro-ing it, but as I said, it appears when navigating from suggested topics list at the bottom of a long thread to a new post.

(Jeff Atwood) #5

We found and corrected this in a giant topic load refactor a few weeks ago.

(Jeff Atwood) #6