- Refresh the page (to clear any prior activity to the Search box)
- Navigate to the Latest Page for any Category
- Click the Search Icon with your Mouse, notice how “Search the “category name” category” is unchecked
- Click anywhere on the page to dismiss the Search box
- Press the / key to open the Search box via the keyboard
- Notice how the “Search the “category name” category” box is checked.
The end result is the same between the two options (preferably, the checkbox remains unchecked and must be manually checked – as the button limits your scope and doesn’t include sub-categories)
The two methods currently do not behave the same with mouse users having the checkbox unchecked and keyboard users having it checked.