Search results should have a timestamp label

(Salman, Freelance Developer) #1

The search results should display the date of the last post.

For certain forums the timeliness of the post is very important and having that information helps you decide which result to click on.

I understand on the flip side you want to keep the UI as simple and lean as possible, I guess it comes down to how many people think having the timestamp (either first or last post) as being relevant.

It looks like Google is smart enough to show/hide the timestamp label depending on the nature of the query.

(Sam Saffron) #2

We are very space constrained, I feel this is an advanced search thing.

I am ok to add it conditional for ninja ordered testing order:latest <- type in to search

(Sol) #3

+1 from me as I also like to know how fresh the result is

(Salman, Freelance Developer) #4

Google injects the timestamp in front of the description looks like, and it is at a fixed location which makes it easier to scan down the list.

I like how the font is also a lighter color so you can mentally ignore it also if you want.

(Sam Saffron) #5

We could do that, does not add too much loud

(Sol) #6

This would be great to have this information in there like mentioned

(Jeff Atwood) #7

Good improvement suggestion, I don’t think we can go wrong by following the “copy Google” mantra when it comes to search.

(Salman, Freelance Developer) #8

It definitively isn’t evil so let’s roll with it :smile:

Especially here. I have to go through a bunch of stuff typically to see if I’m duping a post, culling out stuff from last year that’s obviously out of date.

(Jeff Atwood) #10

This is now complete.

(Jeff Atwood) #11