I just started to hack away with a new smiliey plugin (based on the original emoji plugin) to make transition from my old forums easier for my user base. However, I ran into an interesting problem: although the original emoji plugin was disabled in the site settings and the editor window displayed my own smiley list all right, the smilies did not get replaced in the posts (or the preview area). Only when I moved the original emoji plugin out of the way, things started working. Chances are that I’m doing something completely wrong, so I’d be glad for any pointers into the right direction. I’m currently wondering if you cannot call Discourse.Dialect.registerInline twice (the emoji plugin does that before it checks if it’s disabled or not, so my smiley plugin wouldn’t stand a chance to do the same if called second).
I refactored everything to avoid naming collisions, there’s no mention of “emoji” in my whole plugin directory but for the Readme.md and the plugins.rb comment line (d’uh, I know).
To illustrate the problem, here we go: