I have in mind to give access to certain categories by trust level, but this is not working as expected. Although setting up security for categories by trust level is possible in the security settings, it appears that only the security settings you set up for groups actually do anything. If this is only intended to work by group and trust levels is for something else (as discussed here and in other topics linked from there) then the trust level security settings should not be possible.
- as admin, create category and set read/post/reply setting for desired permission level (eg trust level 2)
- create test user account
- log in as admin give test user desired permission level or higher (Eg. trust-level 2)
- log in as test user and see that you do not see or have access to the category
- as admin, give permission to a group to read/post/reply to category
- as admin, add test user to group
- log in as test user and see that you do have access to the category
As a corollary bug, I see that when I do not have access to a category but go there by URL I get a while page with nothing displayed. Should be a page not found or you must log in to access type message.