Set order of tags on topics/messages and in lists

Thanks, both!

This would be a fabulous start, or maybe even a perfectly good, straightforward solution if it’s possible.

However, if we’re going to use tagging as part of a support ticket system, it would be a big help to go a step further and enable admins to set the tag order in these places by tag group. So as we churn through tickets we don’t wear ourselves out looking for priority and status in different places. I also think this approach would make tags easier to use overall, for all sites using tag groups, so that certain especially useful tags people look for are always in the same spot in the list. I’d be happy to hear from others on what they think. Maybe I’m completely off base here.

Also, with other improvements hopefully underway with tags and messages, this may become less of an issue… e.g. the ability to easily filter messages by more than one tag at a time, as well as filtering topics by tags that are inside specific message inboxes.

As an easy step I can take myself, I agree styling special tags is a great idea to make it easier for our weary eyes to quickly identify which ticket to tackle next - I like that and have been meaning to try it out. In fact, I think it’s so cool I wish it were a feature baked into discourse, ‘tag flair’ akin to ‘avatar flair’ for groups.

1 Like