Setting timeout times for oneboxes

(Hunter) #1

I’m implementing the timeouts, and will probably implement the byte limits. I have it working internally with hardcoded values, but was wondering if anyone has any advice on what the default value should be and how/if users should be able to change it. Also, was I correct to put this in feature rather than ux?

(Sam Saffron) #2

Ouch afaik, this has been implemented in GitHub - discourse/onebox: A gem for turning URLs into website previews

We are waiting on @eviltrout @vykster @krainboltgreene and @jzeta to yank all the onebox code out and depend on the onebox gem.

Any way you can shift your efforts to integrating the gem or ensuring it really does work as advertised?

(Hunter) #3

Ah, I assumed no one was working on it because nothing came up when I searched for it here. I’ll take a look at the gem and see if I can help there.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #4

You could start by adding support for polls! :smiley:

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Are we any closer on this @eviltrout? This, along with whitelisting of onebox URLs in the /admin UI feel like important features to me.

(Robin Ward) #6

Timeouts for oneboxes are in place now, thanks to the onebox gem.

Whitelists can be added via a plugin but we’ll build an admin interface in the future.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

White lists for oneboxing are now editable in the site settings as well.

(Jeff Atwood) #8