Should I care about JavaScript errors in my logs?

(Nick) #1

I’m seeing many Javascript errors in the logs that are viewable via the admin panel in my installation. At that, the forum generally works well; it doesn’t seem that anything in particular is broken.

So, I’m wondering if these errors are expected or should be investigated:

Uncaught TypeError: e.get is not a function
TypeError: e.get is not a function. (In 'e.get("post_number")', 'e.get' is undefined) 
TypeError: e.get is not a function. (In 'e.get("post_number")', 'e.get' is undefined) 
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'scrollTop' of undefined 
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function 
Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded 
Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded 
TypeError: e.get is not a function 
TypeError: e.get is not a function 
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'start' 
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'refresh' of null 
Uncaught TypeError: _.filter is not a function 
Uncaught TypeError: _.filter is not a function 
SecurityError: DOM Exception 18: An attempt was made to break through the security policy of the user agent. 
SecurityError: DOM Exception 18: An attempt was made to break through the security policy of the user agent. 

All these errors are just from within a few hours; it’s not that I’ve been collecting them for many days. :slight_smile:

(Sam Saffron) #2

Well, the web is the wild west… what we really need is a detailed sequence of steps necessary to reproduce particular issues.

If you can describe exactly how to do something in the browser that raises a log message error every time you do it, please report it.

(Nick) #3

So, are these errors half-expected? I have no problem with that, just asking. Do you observe them in the logs here on meta as well?

I actually may be able to help diagnose and fix these errors using the data from my forum, at least I’m willing to try.

Is there an easy way to turn off the minification/obfuscation of the JS files in the production docker-based environment? I would do that in my setup hoping that it would shed some light on the issues.