Show a "create" button when reading a topic?

(Nowindlee) #1

I found the “Create topic” button is only displayed in the front page.

When I read a topic, sometimes I want to create a new topic. Is it able to show the “Create topic” button here too ?

And If we can, I think we can have an option

add a reference as a reply in current reading topic to the new topic

I think this is useful. Otherwise I have to:

1. go to the front page
  2. create a topic
  3. copy the url
  4. go back to previous topic
  5. reply a post to tell people “You can see the related topic(with url)”

(Jeff Atwood) #2

The create topic button is at the top of all topic lists, not just the front page.

If you want to create a new topic while reading an existing topic, use “Reply as new Topic” in the right gutter to do so.

(FichteFoll) #3

What if we want to create an entirely unrelated topic that just flashed through our minds? For example, I might discover bugs or UX things while browsing this discourse platform and want to report them or open a new discussion. It is not related to the shuff I am reading in any way and thus should be independant without any references. I find that happening quite often to me.

a button to “create topic” within a topic can be confusing, no?

(FichteFoll) #5

Not so much if it’s on the header. I’m thinking of a a small button with a “+” next to the notification bubble.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Simply delete any pre-filled content from your topic after clicking or tapping “reply as new topic”.

(FichteFoll) #7

Okay, it seems that other than the link the new topic editor that is opened by “Reply as new Topic” there are no references to the originating post, unlike when replying to posts directly. This made me think for a while and I still consider it rather unintuitive - especially when the normal replies in fact are linked.

(Rahul Dhingra) #8

Or may be another solution when you do not find any results in search box , a little tab button should appear to create a topic like in the screenshot below:

thanks

(Arpit Jalan) #9

You may want to look at: