Show Latest Topics table on homepage as it is on /latest page

Hey,

how do you display expanded version of the latest topics on the homepage?

Homepage for this discourse meta has it so there is surely a way to do it.

It has all the columns:

• topic
  • category
  • users
  • replies
  • views
  • activity

By default (and how it is currently on our discourse page) it shows the collapsed version with the only topic column. When we navigate to /latest we see the expanded version.

Thanks!

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

Can you share a screenshot of the issue, I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re describing.

Also, for a support topic, please share a link to the forum.

Sure, here it is:

Left side of the screenshot is how it currently looks like on our homepage. Only topic column is visible. We would like to have all columns visible on the homepage as it is on the /latest page (right side of the screenshot).

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #4

This layout you are getting is the mobile / categories layout, go to /latest page and your layout will be the same as the one here on Meta.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #5

To change the default, go to site settings and search for top menu - whatever is listed first is your “homepage”.
example.com/admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=top%20menu

Setting /latest as the homepage does not show categories first. That is why we have /categories set as a homepage.

This is the page: http://community.1tap.io (we are restyling it right now).

On top we would like to have categories as boxes (we achieve this with custom CSS) and below it the whole table from the /latest page. Hope it makes sense what I am going for here.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #7

Very nice!

Unfortunately I don’t know how to fix the latest table, as that view typically has the latest area half width, and thus no room for all the stats :frowning:.