Show name of @Mentioned group inside topics

(Admir Hodzic) #1

It will be nice if topics will have name of @mentioned group so others users can see who was mentioned

On this topics there was two group which is mentioned the red one is members of one group while black is others For me as reader It will be helpful to see that this topic refers groups not just users

Ability to mention a Group
(Kane York) #2

This is another request for non-expanded/persistent group mentions (the other was in Private Messages).

(Kevin Romond) #3

I support this. We are migrating a number of developer support email lists to a discourse forum. We would like to allow users to flag a group within a topic, and allow other readers to see the group name rather than the members, to inform future posts.

We’d like to make it clear: This @mention group solves this type of issue

(Eric Vantillard) #4

is non-expanded group mentions an actual feature ? (Could not find a way to make it work in discourse 1.4)

(Tom Newsom) #5

Not a feature, but it should be, I think.

Slack does this quite well - if you @mention a group or channel it will popup a warning like, “you’re about to notify 50 people; are you sure?”

(Clay Heaton) #6

I strongly support this! We have some people who want to use Discourse who are managing 100+ other people. They’d like to be able to have @department_name appear instead of have it expand to the names of everybody in their department.

Perhaps this could be an option on the Admin Group creation screen - whether a group expands or remains just the name of the group when used to notify. I also agree that Slack manages it well.

:thumbsup:

(Tom Newsom) #7

This feature is coming soon

(Tom Newsom) #8

This feature has been implemented and is available in Tests-Passed :thumbsup:
I haven’t had a chance to test yet, but this looks great :smile:

(Admir Hodzic) #9

Do We need something to edint in settings for getting this to work?

(Daniela) #10

You must set the Alias for each group (who can use this feature? Noboby, Admin and Mods, Admin Mods and Member’s group, All the user?)

(Admir Hodzic) #11

Looks great
Thank you discouse