I’m having trouble with Sidekiq since november 1st.
I’m on discourse 1.7b6 for a week now and everything was going great, but suddenly, it went nuts.
I didn’t have any notification between novermber 1st midnight and when I rebuilt the app on the 2nd. It then processed all notifications and mails and went inactive again.
What alarmed me is the incredible number of task processed by sidekiq since november 1st :
Yup, 1 million on november 1st, 4 millions on november 2nd. As you can see in the top left corner, 5 millions total, so most of the volume was processed over these two days.
What is strange is that it doesn’t appear in the failed/passed statistics :
(you can see the sidekiq tried to get back with overdued work)
I had to rebuild twice this morning (nov 3rd) to get the notifications to work again ( tested with a pm - green notification). It seems to work for now, even if all scheduled tasks are overdued. But I think it’s only dued to winter daytime Saving being effective in France since sunday.
I can’t tell if this is a specific problem due to daylight saving times or a bug, or my instance going nuts on halloween sugar… I thought I should document this issue, even if I can’t really categorize it. If you happen to know what could be behind it, I’d be very pleased to know what it is and how to avoid it in the future.