Site Customizations: Footer

(ben_a_adams) #1

It would be nice to add Footer to site customisation as well as Stylesheet and Header probably to fill out the section:
<footer id="bottom"></footer>

With in combination with css this would allow people to add a small fixed footer if they wanted; however my interest would be more for adding some bottom of page js. Though I could probably put it async in the header.

But script loading is an “interesting” thing http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/speed/script-loading/

(Sjors) #2

Yes I also like the idea of a small floating footer just as big (or rather small) as the floating header. It makes it easier to promote other parts of your site, or other sites in your network, without sacrificing the infinite scrolling/loading.

Make this optional so you can switch it on and off. You can’t really put anything in the header, and it should stay clean.

I was about to request the same thing in a new thread, until I came across your post. But now I have the draft still saved in the footer, which I can expand and collapse. It’s a perfect example of how it should look like.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Sure, I think it makes sense to have generic insert points for header and footer in the output.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

We now have generic HTML insert areas for header and footer in the admin settings.

(Jeff Atwood) #5