Site does not work with CloudFlare Rocket Loader

(J. Michael Browning) #1

I am at a complete loss as to what I’ve done wrong or how to troubleshoot this.

When browsing my site in Chrome or Firefox in OS X, the site doesn’t want to load. I.e. If I click on the hamburger menu, it just disappears and the area goes white. If I click on a link to open a post, same thing happens, the page goes white.

If I refresh the page, everything loads again but as soon as you start clicking, the same issue occurs.

Site: http://gtanews.net

Can someone offer a suggestion, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

EDIT: The site works perfectly in Safari.

(Régis Hanol) #2

Are you on latest version? Are you using any plugins?

(J. Michael Browning) #3

I am on the latest version and using a couple plugins … but the issue was happening before I ever installed any plugins.

(Jens Maier) #4

Oh look, a wild error log appears:

This header pulls in the offending rocket.js file:

<script data-module="cloudflare/rocket" id="cfjs_block_f94226303e" onload="CloudFlare.__cfjs_block_f94226303e_load()" onerror="CloudFlare.__cfjs_block_f94226303e_error()" onreadystatechange="CloudFlare.__cfjs_block_f94226303e_readystatechange()" type="text/javascript" src="http://gtanews.net/cdn-cgi/nexp/dokv=88e434a982/cloudflare/rocket.js"></script>

(Tuan Anh Tran) #5

Disablr rocket loader and you’re good to go

(Sam Saffron) #6

I have heard this report before and I think we raised it with CloudFlare. The general gist is that Rocket Loader messes with JavaScript which can break complex JavaScript applications like Discourse.

As a CloudFlare customer I strongly recommend you raise this with them and post back here what they say so it helps others.

Website broken after update due to Cloudflare
(J. Michael Browning) #7

Disabling Rocket Loader fixed the issues. This isn’t the first time that CloudFlare’s Rocket Loader has caused me some issues on a site install.

However, I have opened a ticket with CloudFlare and will report back with what they say.

Thanks all for your assistance!

(Jeff Atwood) #8

Rocket Loader more like Rocket Exploder, amirite ? :rocket: :bomb:

(Sam Saffron) #9

Quick question, I know it is a very very old topic, but did you hear anything back from cloudflare? (also I need a specific ticket id to chase up with them)

(Jeff Atwood) #10

Just to close up this topic, CloudFlare did (finally) fix the problem on their end. It still does nothing for Discourse – as all our assets are already heavily optimized – but it will no longer break Discourse as it did in the past.

(Jeff Atwood) #11