Site unreachable after adding RapidSSL certificate

(Harkirat Singh) #1

We added a wildcard SSL certificate, and the site suddenly stopped working:

when we rebuild the app, it closes the setup process with the following message:

+ /usr/bin/docker run -d --restart=always -e LANG=en_US.UTF-8 -e RAILS_ENV=production -e UNICORN_WORKERS=2 -e UNICORN_SIDEKIQS=1 -e RUBY_GLOBAL_METHOD_CACHE_SIZE=131072 -e DISCOURSE_DB_SOCKET=/var/run/postgresql -e DISCOURSE_DB_HOST= -e DISCOURSE_DB_PORT= -e DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME=know.itpreneurs.com -e DISCOURSE_DEVELOPER_EMAILS=REMOVED_DELIBERATELY -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS=REMOVED_DELIBERATELY -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT=REMOVED_DELIBERATELY -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME= -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD= -h ip-1REMOVED_DELIBERATELY-app -e DOCKER_HOST_IP=172.17.0.1 --name app -t -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -v /var/discourse/shared/standalone:/shared -v /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log:/var/log --mac-address 02:4c:0d:2d:63:7e local_discourse/app /sbin/boot
4f22a9c6b677d112987c10becc914251db758fe27cee6937b39a132298f39755

I have commented out all https commands in app.yml and removed plugins… still nothing’s working

HELP!!!

(Felix Freiberger) #2

Can you share your app.yml here?
Please blank your SMTP credentials in there :slight_smile:

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #3

please run:

tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/access.log
tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/error.log

(Harkirat Singh) #5

app.yml (3.6 KB)
Uploaded the app.yml

(Harkirat Singh) #6

Nothing happened when I ran these commands[quote=“Falco, post:3, topic:51326”]
tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/access.log tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/error.log
[/quote]

(Felix Freiberger) #7

Hm, in this app.yml it still says:

- "templates/web.ssl.template.yml"

and

- "443:443" # https

You could try uncommenting both and rebuilding to get back online, HTTP only, for now.

That’s strange. Did you literally get no output at all, neither log entries nor an error message?

(Harkirat Singh) #8

here’s the output:
ubuntu@ip:/var/discourse$ tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/access.log tail: cannot open '/var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/access.log' for reading: Permission denied ubuntu@ip:/var/discourse$ sudo tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/access.log ubuntu@ip:/var/discourse$ sudo tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/error.log ubuntu@ip:/var/discourse$ exit

Actually, I no longer have an idea about what I am doing… I was trying to setup an error page from this link… I setup nginx, but my server admin wants me to use rapidssl certificate again… now nothing is working because the nginx instance has no SSL.

I am trying to setup a fresh installation and use the backup from my current installation… I downloaded backup from /var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default/ is that the correct place?

(Felix Freiberger) #9

Yes, this folder should contain the backups.