Some diacritics are stripped down from URLs


(Ionuț Staicu) #1

Hi guys. I just noticed that some diacritics are stripped down from post URLs, even if they can be easily replaced

E.g. ă is correctly replaced with a, but ț it is removed, resulting in some funny sentences in URLs.


(Sam Saffron) #2

This behavior is coming from Rails, we would need a fix upstreamed:

http://apidock.com/rails/ActiveSupport/Inflector/parameterize


(Sam Saffron) #3

I added ț, feel free to add any missing mappings in a PR.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b47c1defe0db57da7f1a4e81c057730e4820f11c


(Sam Saffron) #4